Adventures with Willie

My life as a Springer Spaniel living at Moosehead Lake.

Name:
Location: Moosehead Lake, Maine

I'll be 12 years old in August. I live on a golf course overlooking Moosehead Lake. There's lots of places nearby to go play in the woods or swim.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Fun, Fun, Fun

Mom and I went for a walk on the lake yesterday. I got to run, run,run! I went all the way to the point, but Mom just went about half way. She hurt her back a little when she went snowmobiling with Pudgy and Shirley on Tuesday. I got to eat some snow and check out some fish houses. The snow is pretty soft so I had to stay on the snowmobile trails or it was tough going. I took a long nap (after having some biscuits) when we got home. Mom is excited about something she is working on for Walter. She wants to put a new flag pole, a couple benches and some flowers at the Landing at the Highlands where Walter and Merry have a camp, and where Mom grew up as a kid. Aunt Linda and Uncle Noel still have a camp there too. She wants to put a plaque on the pole remembering Walter. Walter owned the water company that supplies all the homes and camps at the Highlands and everyone there knew him and loved him alot. She's going to start raising the money soon, so work can start as soon as the snow melts. Mom sure does smell funny since she hurt her back. She said it was because of somebody named Ben Gay. I guess I don't know who that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Freda said...

That's nice that your mom wants to do something for Walter. It is nice to be remembered.

My human's uncle was killed in WWII. He served in the Army Air Force. All the family had was a telegram stating he was killed in action. No other details. By accident, my human found an article on the Internet about the finding of part of his uncle's plane several years ago (It had crashed into a lake) and a memorial and the accompanying ceremony that honored the crew of the downed plane. Sixty years later my human's dad and aunts finally learned what happened to their brother. They said, it was nice to have closure.

So kudos to your mom.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab said...

Wow! Maine....I would like to go to Maine someday. It sounds really nice and friendly. Like Minnesota, maybe with an eastern sophisticated edge or something. Anyway, I agree with Freda, your mom sounds like a really nice person and she will be able to add something to your community that will be there a long time.

Nice idea.

:)Haley

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home